British Airways today announced that it is working with the Singaporean government to start Quarantine-Free Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) flights on 19 October 2021 from London Heathrow.
Fully vaccinated customers who have tested negative for COVID-19 travelling to Singapore from London can now avoid the need to quarantine for 7 days on arrival. Long and short term pass holders must apply for a Singapore Vaccinated Travel Pass 7 days to 30 days before travel. Singaporeans do not need to apply for VTP.
Customers must ensure they are fully vaccinated to travel. Children under 12 are exempt but must be accompanied by vaccinated adults. Further restrictions and exemptions apply.
The VTL flight schedule can be found on www.ba.com. All customers must ensure that they are eligible for Singapore’s VTL arrangements before their flight commences.
Noella Ferns, British Airways’ Head of Sales, Asia Pacific, said: “Singapore’s expansion of the VTL arrangements to the UK is great news for our customers, who can now reunite with their loved ones more easily.
“The safety of our customers and colleagues has always been at the heart of everything we do. We have introduced a range of precautionary measures onboard our flights to provide stress and hassle-free travel.”
Customers booking with British Airways can do so with absolute confidence, thanks to the airline’s flexible booking policy. They are able to exchange their booking for a voucher or move their dates without incurring a change fee. British Airways’ existing online Covid hub includes information on flexible bookings, testing, how to use a voucher and what the British Airways flying experience looks like for those that haven’t travelled for some time.
British Airways has also introduced a number of measures at the airport and on board to look after the safety and wellbeing of its customers and colleagues. These include social distancing measures, the wearing of face masks (which remain in place) and hand sanitiser stations. Prior to travel customers will also receive details of how they can prepare for their journey, including information on discounted testing providers.
To help customers navigate the changing entry requirement and facilitate a seamless journey, they can choose to download the VeriFLY app before departing to London. The digital health app allows customers to combine their travel verification documents and Covid-19 test results in one place and confirming their eligibility with a few simple steps.
British Airways has partnered with Dettol to offer a range of products to keep its customers and colleagues safe in the air and on the ground. The airline is cleaning all key surfaces including seats, screens, seat buckles and tray tables after every flight and each aircraft is completely cleaned from nose to tail every day. The air on all British Airways flights is fully recycled once every two to three minutes through HEPA filters, which remove microscopic bacteria and virus clusters with over 99.9% efficiency, equivalent to hospital operating theatre standards.
- Please follow the UK Government rules for international travel.
- Customers must ensure they meet the Singapore entry requirements, the latest information UK Government advice.
- Customers must ensure they are fully vaccinated to travel. They must apply for a Singapore Vaccinated Travel Pass 7 days to 30 days before travel. Long and short term pass holders must apply for a Singapore Vaccinated Travel Pass 7 days to 30 days before travel. Singaporeans do not need to apply for VTP.
- Children under 12 are exempt but must be accompanied by vaccinated adults. Further restrictions and exemptions apply.
- Customers will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours of departure before they can travel.
- British Airways have brought together a number of testing suppliers here.
- Customers will need to register and pay for a COVID-19 test on arrival in Singapore as well. Further information is available here. Children aged 2 and under are exempt.
- Short term visitors will need to buy travel insurance with COVID-19 cover. Find out more here.
- Customers can learn more about proving their vaccination status here.
- British Airways’ Booking with Confidence commitment means you can change your booking without incurring a change fee through Manage My Booking or cancel for a voucher, more details are available at ba.com/COVID-19.