Food For Now: 1872 Clipper Tea Co. launches new tea bar menu at Jewel Changi Airport
Local heritage tea brand, The 1872 Clipper Tea Co. is taking us on a gastronomic journey with their concoction of uniquely blended teas at their newest store in Jewel Changi Airport. Explore the specialty tea retailer’s new and exclusive tea bar menu and enjoy a variety of tea blends inspired by the unique ways the iconic beverage is enjoyed all over the world.
With years of experience as a global tea supplier, The 1872 Clipper Tea Co. possesses a strong vertically integrated tea supply chain – working with the finest tea plantations and their own master tea blends with over 100 years of combined experience to develop and craft each special blend. From selection to packaging, every process is carefully crafted and consistently carried out to achieve the highest quality of tea blends for consumers. 1872 Clipper Tea Co. takes pride in its unsurpassable freshness achieved through the brand’s strong supply chain integration which ensures the highest quality packaging and speed in transporting the tea from its Sri Lankan tea gardens to its Singapore stores.
Bringing only the finest to the table, The 1872 Clipper Tea Co. proudly presents five exclusive blends from flavours bold to delicate – Chelsea, Kowloon, 101, Shibuya and Nuwara at its first takeaway concept in Singapore. Inspired by milk teas consumed around the world, you can choose to savour the exclusive blend straight (i.e. black) or a magical medley of flavours in its intended milky delight, each one individually brewed upon ordering.
Here’s your travel itinerary with The 1872 Clipper Tea Co.:
- Take a walk around the streets of London and enjoy the carefree ambience with a cup of Chelsea. Savour this 1872 Clipper brew that has a hint of fresh citrus and a rich robust finish that lingers in your throat.
- Reminisce your trips to Hong Kong with a taste of Kowloon. Its traditional taste is infused with contemporary tangy and fruity notes, evoking memories of your time in Kowloon – a place with a curious mix of cultures, old and new.
- Take flight to the land of bubble tea with 101. Inspired by Taiwan’s iconic brown sugar bubble tea, 101 is a medley of delightful flavours. Distinct to what the Taiwanese love, expect a bold burnt caramel flavour, with a subtle aftertaste of honey and apricot.
- Experience autumn in Tokyo with Shibuya. A sip of Shibuya will bring you down memory lane – admire the city painted in crimson and gold with a soothing blend of clear honey and smokey oak notes.
- For a palate-coating tinge sweetness, get the most subtle flavour on the menu – Nuwara. Inspired by the hill city of Sri Lanka, Nuwara Eliya, Nuwara is light in colour and delicate in taste, naturally sweet with a pleasant mellow floral note.
From a strong vertically integrated supply chain to innovative brewing techniques, The 1872 Clipper Tea Co. is constantly on a global quest to master the artistry behind the perfect cup of tea. The first of its kind in Singapore, the homegrown brand introduces the slow drip technique with the Marco SP9 – Automated Pour-Over Coffee Brewed, typically used for coffee, to extract the best flavours from the unique tea blends.
Made to brew custom blends one at a time for each customer, the slow drip technique seeks to unlock the distinct flavour profiles of the tea through a measured nine-part extraction process, allowing each tea leaves’ robust fragrance to be extracted in full glory. Be introduced to a world of tea simply brewed to perfection!
By maintaining a constant temperature and dispensing the exact amount of water throughout the multi-step brewing process, the SP9 serves up a cup of quality 1872 Clipper tea, brew after brew, bringing out the deep aromatic flavours of the tea leaves. The SP9 pulses water nine times, incorporating pre-infusion and pulse brewing to prevent the water from losing temperature. The final product is then drizzled on a precisely measured volume of ice cubes for that perfect cuppa iced tea, ensuring that the familiar taste of your favourite blends remain the same each time you come back for more.
Choose to drink it straight or add a dash of fresh or oat milk, and however sweet you’d take your tea, you can choose sugar levels from 0% to 100%.For the first time ever, you can also choose to bring the 1872 Clipper blends to a different dimension of texture and flavours with our new classic toppings – White Konjac Pearls or Brown Sugar Pearls, launching exclusively at the Jewel outlet.
With National Day just around the corner, indulge in the sweet taste of home with The 1872 Clipper Tea Co.’s Sunny Island Coconut. Available for a limited time only, head down to their outlets at ION Orchard and Jewel Changi Airport or visit the online store here to purchase the tropical infused loose tea leaves packed in an exclusive tin.
Enjoy the warm and comforting feeling of home as you savour the unique flavours of their tea, crafted with a localised twist that pays tribute to our sunny island. Concocted with Ceylon Black Tea and Sencha, enjoy this specially curated tea blend with a surprising hint of coconut flavour.